Monday 8 February 2010

Isn't it nice when new parents can let loose and have some fun?

My husband, a nice Scottish man, has suddenly been sucked into the vortex of American Sports...he spent the day at a SUPERBOWL party?!? WTH! If I wanted to be married to some jocked out American sports nut I wouldn't have travelled halfway across the world to meet people from OTHER COUNTRIES, would I?

And then, after spending ALL DAY at a poker and Superbowl party, he has the nerve to call me at 11pm on a Sunday, the night before our four year old starts back to school, to say he doesn't know WHEN he'll be getting home because he's "still having fun"! HA! Imagine that, having fun at an all day party! WEIRD!

Of course you're having fun, you selfish jerk, you've been having fun ALL DAY!!!! That's all you had to do today was HAVE FUN! Mission accomplished. Good for YOU!

What was I doing, you ask? I was making lunch and dinner and tomorrow's lunch for our child, orgainzing school supplies, bathing said child, all while balancing a newborn on my lap and my breast while changing a gazillion diapers and meanwhile trying to entertain a four year old and get him to bed at a decent hour for his first day of school tomorrow, something he was loathe to do because only daddy tells good stories anymore. Benjamin decided to forego any stories or songs from me until his dad came home because "I don't believe you, Mommy. Daddy said he would be home soon! I'm going to wait until Daddy comes home". And so he is STILL WAITING UP FOR HIM AT QUARTER PAST MIDNIGHT jumping at every car to pass down our street.

So selfish! What is wrong with him? Does he have no sense of common decency or shame?! Or have these drunken gringos he spends all his time with given him some inflated sense of decency so that he really can justify these actions in his head? What dellusions of grandeur could convince someone that this was an okay thing to do with a FOUR WEEK old baby at home and four year old starting school the next day?

I am so totally disappointed in him.

Oh gosh, darling, if you're having fun, you go ahead and stay at the party and leave me to sort it all out; I wouldn't want to ruin your FUN, you selfish jerk!


GRRRRRRRRR!

No comments: